Thursday, May 7, 2015

Alite Advanced LED Plant Grow Light: A Review

I try hard with my plants. I really do. In an ideal world, I would have this amazing herb garden, filled with lemon balm and lavender, rosemary and mint plants sprouting everywhere. In reality, I live in the northeast, where my "garden" consists of a few windowsills of a few puny plants that just can't seem to get enough sunlight.

It seems that nearly everyone in my town is deficient in vitamin D- because, duh, sunlight. Here, it's like "sunlight? What's that?" And so, not only do so many of us need to take vitamin D supplements and use that as an awful excuse to go tanning (gasp!! Don't worry- I would never), but our seasonal depression is sky high. Maybe it's because we don't have enough plants.

In reality, the only way out of this mess is to treat our plants with some light of their own- lord knows they aren't getting it here. That's why this LED light is awesome, because it really, really helps to get your plants growing in an otherwise impossible environment.

Here's what they have to say about their lamp:

The 12W LED Plant Grow Light has been optimized to produce the most efficient wavelengths of light to produce peak photosynthesis performance in your garden plants. The Grow Light has been manufactured in a precise Heat Sink to generate the least amount of heat and therefore prevent any damage to your Garden Plants. Due to the consistent Light Production and refined Light Wavelength using the Grow Lamp will maximize your Plant Growth. 12 LED Lights in precise arrangement to improve Growth across all plants. With the supremely efficient LEDs, low heat generation and optimized Light Wavelengths the 12W Grow Light is the perfect option for Indoor Growing.

Sounds good to me. After figuring out how to set up this thing, I finally managed to hang it above my sad plants- the lavender, lemongrass, rosemary (that has been hanging on by a thread for literally about a year. That thing will not give up!), even my aloe and stone crop plant. I'm not sure if the latter really need it, since succulents are pretty resistant anyway. But, I swear that even they looked more perky and happy after using this lamp! I turn it off at night, of course, just because. But, even a few hours of light each day seems to really help these plants get the artificial sunshine that they need!

It's the next best thing to living in a tropical, sunshine-filled environment. But hey, I'll take it! You can purchase your Alite Advanced LED Plant Grow light for $24.99 on amazon, right here. The list price is $79.99, so take advantage of quite the steal!

No comments:

Post a Comment