Saturday, March 21, 2015

GoPure Naturals Youth Glow Eye Gel: A Review

Using a specialized product for the eye area is so essential. I've been using an eye cream since I was 24 and I actually sort-of wish I started earlier. You see, the skin around the eyes is super thin- one of the thinnest areas on the entire body. Plus, its constantly being exposed to sun and environmental toxins. PLUS, we're always abusing our eye muscles by squinting in the sun (we do it WAY more often than we think, I promise you). All of these things make it crazy important to protect the eye area using a product formulated especially for the eye area, since it needs something different than the rest of our body.

GoPure Naturals' sent me a bottle of their youth glow eye gel to review. GoPure claims that this product will decrease eye puffiness, as well as diminish dark circles and wrinkles. These are pretty common claims for any eye treatments. The question is, what makes this product stand out?

You all know that I am obsessed with my ingredients. Skincare ingredients are the same as food ingredients- you need to know what's in them so you know how nutritious and natural it is. Same thing.

Here's what's going on in this little package:

     • Matrixyl 3000 - A powerfully effective combination of two top anti wrinkle peptides making eyes look years younger by dramatically reducing appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.


     • Plant Stem Cells - Deliver unique anti-aging effect. Reduce micro-inflammations and redness, evening-out the complexion and enhancing skin's translucency and radiance.


     • Hyaluronic Acid (Vegan) - known natural ingredient for dramatically reducing the appearance of wrinkles


     • Other ingredients: Jojoba Oil, Vegan Hyaluronic Acid, Amino Acid Blend, Wildcrafted Periwinkle, Organic Licorice, Wild Crafted Eye Bright, Wild Crafted Reishi, Organic Gotu Kola, Vitamin E


So, there you have it. I will say that licorice is often used to help lighten and even out skin tone. So, this can help with hyperpigmentation around the eye area, as well as diminish those awful dark circles. All the other ingredients listed are chock full of antioxidants, vitamins, and hydrating oils and components to really hydrate.

Upon using this product, I first noticed the smell... that familiar smell of CUCUMBER that are in so many eye gels I have used. I love this smell, it's so clean and refreshing! Plus, cucumber is known for it's soothing properties and help decrease puffiness (haven't you heard about placing cucumbers on puffy eyes? Duh!).

The texture of the product isn't bad either. It's not super duper thick, but its not watery thin. Upon using this product, the skin around my eyes immediately felt tighter. However, this makes me nervous for the awful flakiness I have discovered that many eye gels do. Makes sense- as the eye gel dries, you can literally see and feel the tightness. So, it tends to move around when more product is added on top of it. I hate that part...

After using this product for a few weeks, I have to say that I haven't noticed a dramatic difference in my skin's dark circles / puffiness. It doesn't feel a bit more hydrated; but, nothing special. Either way, there are some lovely ingredients in this product and, at $14.74 for a 0.5 ounce bottle, you can't really go wrong. Give it a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment