Wednesday, March 25, 2015

More Anti-Aging Gems: A Review of La Deesa's 2.5% Retinol Serum and 72% Peptide Eye Serum

Say you're super into anti-aging. Like, it is the one single thing that you want to focus on with your skin. Anti-aging, anti-aging, anti-aging. 

Now, say that you can only use two products on your skin... okay, maybe three. What would those three products be that truly target anti-aging? 

I know that my three would DEFINITELY include the following (and I think most people would choose the same.. at least, I hope so!) : 

1) Retinol 
2) Eye treatment
3) Sunscreen

Lucky for us, the La Deesa folk bangs out two out of three of those products by gracing us with their 2.5% retinol serum, as well as their 72% organic peptide eye serum. Voila!

Let's start with their retinol serum. This bad boy not only contains a 2.5% concentration of retinol, but also includes a concentration of 10% hyaluronic acid to help plump and hydrate the skin. In addition, it also includes jojoba oil, aloe vera, vitamin e, green tea... in fact, here's the full ingredients list: 

Organic Herbal Infusion, Organic Aloe (Barbadensis Leaf), Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide (botanical hyaluronic acid), Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Pentylene Glycol, Phospholipids, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Phosphate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Carrageenan Gum, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Oil), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ Oil), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Organic Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea), Wildcrafted Resina Propoli (Propolis), Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Ethyl Hexyl Glycerin.

I love the super hydrating ingredients, as well as the antioxidants in this product. In addition, this has  witch hazel in it, which helps fight blemishes. Yay!

This product is your basic serum. It's odorless and comes in a glass, amber-colored bottle. I don't have to use that much to cover my entire face after cleansing and toning. I like to put it on when my face is still just slightly damp- I'm a huge sucker for saving product and, by applying while slightly damp, the product glides on the skin better.. meaning that less product is needed. 

You can purchase a 1 oz bottle of La Deesa's 2.5% retinol serum on amazon for $19.95.

La Deesa's eye peptide serum is also $19.95- but this stuff will last way, way, wayyyy longer, since it's just for the eye area. 

Plus, this stuff doesn't flake, like other eye serums I have tried!

I personally am becoming a bigger and bigger fan of eye serums. I like to use them as an extra anti-aging fighter, applying under an eye cream, day and night. It's like an extra "oomph." And, since serums are typically more concentrated, I know that I'm giving my eye area plenty of hydration and beauty attention. 

La Deesa's eye serum contains loads of anti-aging ingredients, such as vitamin e, green tea.. and the most potent ingredient, an "herbal infusion," consisting of geranium, gotu kola, dandelion, and horsetail. Here's the full ingredients on this guy: 

Organic Herbal Infusion ((Organic Gotu Kola, Organic Horsetail, Wildcrafted Dandelion and Wild Geranium), Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Vera), Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide (botanical hyaluronic acid), Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Carrageenan Gum, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Silk Amino Acid Complex (Sodium L-Pyrrolidone Carboxylate, Sodium Lactate, LArginine, L-Aspartic Acid, L-Pyrrolidonecarboxylic Acid, Glycine, L-Alanine, L-Serine, L-Valine, L-Proline, L-threonine, L-Isoleucine, L-Histidine, L-Phenylalanine), Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Oil), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Ethyl Hexyl Glycerin.

This product really will last you months and months. I use about half of a pump for each application, which I dab under and above my eye (I've even been trying to get in the habit of applying this slightly above my browbone as well, as I've been reading more about the benefits of doing this). It's a great investment to look a bit younger! 

You can purchase a 1 oz bottle of La Deesa's peptide eye serum on amazon right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment