Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Summit Nutritions Pure Whey Protein Isolate: A Review

Protein shakes have been my "thing" for the past year or so. They're easy to make and are especially helpful for those that don't have time for a sit-down meal. They say that it's super important to eat something every few hours- so hard to do! Although I think a protein shake is too much to supplement for a snack, I do like to use it as a lunch replacement. In addition, they're super fun! The varieties of shakes and smoothies you can make with a few ingredients are endless. And I'm all about consuming my protein. Currently, I use Gold Standard whey protein; however, I am always down to try something new. Such is the case with Summit Nutrition's whey protein isolate. 

They sent me a few single serve packs of their dutch chocolate flavor- which is awesome from a reviewer's standpoint- in my opinion, chocolate protein powders can be the most difficult to pull off. Often, chocolate protein powders have a chalky aftertaste and, in general, just don't taste all that great.

Summit Nutrition's dutch chocolate protein powder is the exception. I found the chocolate flavor to be light and sweet- maybe too sweet. It mixed very well, but, to be fair, I mixed it with a banana and some unsweetened almond milk, so I had to use a blender.

As for the nutritional value, this stuff is spot on. It only contains 0.5 g of fat, is low carb (two grams!), and contains 25 whopping grams of protein- which is a lot. It emphasizes how there are "no other ingredients" and "no fillers, hidden ingredients, or banned substances..." yet I wonder where the sweetness comes from. I understand that my little banana added some sweetness, but I mean, jeeeeez. I love sweet stuff, but even I think that this stuff is intense. Wowza!

I'm excited about this protein powder and would love to try their vanilla flavor. I do wish that they had more flavors, but.. they say patience is a virtue, right?? The nutritional value is pretty difficult to beat in comparison to other brands out there. The protein level is sky high, making it way more worthwhile- plus, if you feel  that it's too much protein, you can always use less than a serving size of protein powder, therefore  making your supply last longer. Rad!

You can purchase Summit Nutrition's whey protein isolate here on amazon. A 2 pound container will cost you $36.99. Not interested in such a commitment? Try their single serve pack of 3- it'll only knock ya back $7.99 and is crazy convenient for those that just wanna throw an emergency pack in their bag for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment